Abu Dhabi University scholarships are available to students enrolled to Abu Dhabi University in UAE. There are two separate full-tuition scholarships with distinct criteria and qualifying requirements.
Bachelor’s degrees in all colleges and majors are eligible for Abu Dhabi scholarships 2022. a vast majority of undergraduate courses are taught in English ( with the exception of two programs that are taught in Arabic). The scholarships are awarded to outstanding high school graduates who are capable of maintaining a high GPA throughout their academic careers.
Read the following article on OPPGATE for more information about the Scholarships’ criteria and requirements.
Also read: Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarships
Table of Contents
What is Abu Dhabi University Scholarships?
Abu Dhabi University is one of the leading institutions in the United Arab Emirates, and it provides several scholarships to both local and foreign students. At the undergraduate level, the University has various faculties, including law, engineering, and business.
Although Abu Dhabi University provides other kinds of scholarships, the two scholarships mentioned below are the only ones that pay Full tuition costs (100% tuition price waiver) at Abu Dhabi University:
- H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Scholarship
- Chairman’s Scholarship
H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Scholarship:
Applicants for this type of scholarship have to be among the top 20 students who graduated from public secondary schools in the UAE who have received admission for a bachelor’s degree at Abu Dhabi University in the fall semester of the same year they graduated high school.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time students at the university (the minimum number of credit hours is 12 per semester).
- Applicants must meet the English language requirements set by the Ministry of Higher Education in the UAE
- Applicants for this scholarship must have obtained an average of at least 97% in the last three years of high school( grade 10, 11, 12) who got admitted to Abu Dhabi University in the same year they graduated high school.
- Applicants must be enrolled at the university as full-time students(minimum hour credits 12 per semester)
- Applicants must meet the English language proficiency requirement set by the Ministry of Higher Education in the UAE
Conditions to maintain the Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Scholarship
There are certain conditions that holders of the above scholarships must meet every semester in order to maintain the scholarship
- Students must main a cumulative GPA of 3.70
- Students must pass 12 credit hours per semester (with the exception of winter and summer semesters)
- The Scholarship will not cover any courses that the student fails, withdraws ( Courses graded as F, WA, or W).
Note that if you fulfill the requirements every semester, you do not need to reapply for the scholarship again, your scholarship will automatically be renewed
Benefits of Abu Dhabi University Scholarship 2022
Both scholarships mentioned above offer the same benefits for their recipients. These benefits are the following:
- Tuition Fees Waiver 100%
- Application Fee
- Registration Fees
- Student Services and Health Services Fees.
Please note that the scholarships do not offer a monthly allowance or cost of living.
Eligible Majors for the Abu Dhabi University
Abu Dhabi Scholarship is offered for all majors available in the university across all faculties. The available Majors for Bachelor’s degree at Abu Dhabi University are listed below:
College of Engineering:
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Aviation
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering- Artificial Intelligence Concentration
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering- Robotics and Automation Concentration
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering- Mechatronics Concentration
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering- Metallurgy Concentration
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
College of Arts and Sciences:
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication (English)
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass communication (Arabic)
College of Law:
- Bachelor of Law (Arabic)
College of Business:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration with Concentration in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration with Concentration in Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration with Concentration in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration with Concentration in Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration with Concentration in Digital Marketing Communications
- Bachelor of Business Administration with Concentration in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
College of Health Sciences:
- BSC in Biomedical sciences(laboratory Medicine)
- BSC in Environmental Health and safety
- BSC in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
BSC in Molecular and Medical Genetics
- BSC in Public Health
Abu Dhabi university admission requirements
Please note that each department/major might specific requirements, so please refer to the page of the major/faculty you want to apply to.
- High School grade requirements vary from a major to another. For instance, college of engineering requires a minimum of 80% whereas the college of business requires a minimum of 75%
- Since most majors in Abu Dhabi University with the exception of two majors, all student must have Proof of English Language Proficiency through one of the following tests:
Required Documents for Abu Dhabi Admission
The below are the required documents to apply for any Bachelor’s programs at Abu Dhabi University:
- Online Application Form
- Certified copies of official High School diploma
- Original equivalency letter issues by UAE ministry of higher education (contact admission office for details)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of UAE residence (if residing in UAE)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Those who have IGCSE/GCSE certificates must provide proof of 11 years of schooling.
Abu Dhabi university Scholarships application
Please note that first, you must apply for admission to the Abu Dhabi University. If you have been accepted, then you can apply for one of abu dhabi university scholarships 2022.
To apply for the Abu Dhabi University, follow the below steps:
- Find an undergraduate program that you wish to apply to. You will find the link for all programs below by the end of this article. Please note that some majors are available for females only.
- Select the major you want, and read the entry requirements to ensure that you meet the minimum high school grade requirements
- Gather all required documents mentioned above
- Go to the Online Application System (the link is also given below)
- Create an account using your email, and complete the online application form
- Upload all the required documents
- If your application was accepted and you received admission to the university, you will be given a university ID number.
- You can use this ID number to log into the university account where you can apply for scholarships.
- All scholarships that you are eligible for will appear on your account page.
- Select the scholarship that you want to apply for, fill in the required information and upload the necessary documents.
The deadline for Abu Dhabi University Scholarships for the Fall semester 2022 is the 26th of August. Make sure to apply through the online application system before the deadline.
Official links for the scholarship: