The Albert Einstein Fellowship is awarded to those who wish to work on a research project different from their previous research. The fellowship is open for any field as well as interdisciplinary research as long as the project idea is original, feasible and interesting.
research project cannot be part of a Master’s or Ph.D. thesis or dissertation.
Albert Einstein Fellowship
Please note: The Fellowship is not given to applicants wishing to complete an academic study they have begun or for dissertation research. Their projects must be different in content, and preferably field from the applicant’s previous work
- Candidates must be under 35 years old.
- Proficiency in English ( No proof is required)
- Must hold a university degree in the humanities, social sciences or the natural sciences.
- You do not need to be a Master’s or a Ph.D. student to apply for the fellowship.
- Living accommodation for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein’s own summerhouse in Caputh Brandenburg in Germany (it’s a short distance away from universities and institutions in Potsdam and Berlin)
- A stipend of EUR 10,000
- Travel Expenses
- All required documents must be submitted by email to [email protected] by the deadline (May 15, 2020)
- The application review and interview processes begin in June, with final decisions released by the end of July.
- At the end of the fellowship period, the awarded applicant must present his or her project in a lecture at the Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation.
Join our subscribers list to get the latest opportunities delivered directly to your inbox