Last updated on October 18th, 2020
Table of Contents
Chevening Scholarships 2021 are among the most prestigious well-known scholarships that support leaders worldwide to obtain a one-year master’s degree in the UK. Chevening scholarships target active youth who demonstrates leadership potential and have the enthusiasm to influence change in their communities and countries at large.
Chevening Scholarships are fully funded scholarships covering flights, accommodations, and tuition fees for one year. During your study in the UK, you will get the opportunity to develop your professional and academic prospects, gain skills and knowledge, and build a network to main relationships in the UK. Upon completion of your studies, you will be required to return to your country for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended.
In this post, you will find all the information you need to know about the Chevening scholarships 2021 application.
Chevening Scholarship Application Requirements/ Eligibilities.
Applicants for the scholarship must meet the following eligibilities:
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries for the Chevening award.
- Have completed or will complete components of an undergraduate study that are required to get admission for a postgraduate program in a UK university.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work
- Apply to three different eligible programs in a UK university and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
Chevening Scholarships 2021 Courses requirements
Applicants for the scholarship must choose three different master programs. These can be three different study programs at the same university or three similar programs at different universities. In general, the study programs you choose should be similar in content yet not necessarily the same. It is recommended to apply to three different universities to increase your chances of getting accepted.
The master programs you choose must meet the below conditions:
- Be a full-time study program
- A taught master’s (i.e, not research focuses such as MRes Programmes)
- Leads to a master’s degree
- Based in the UK
They cannot be:
- Part-time study program
- Distance learning
- less than 9 months or more than 12 months
- PhD or DPhil
- Taught with more than a month of study outside the UK
Benefits of the Chevening Scholarship 2021 in the UK
Awardees of the Chevening Scholarships 2021 will receive the following:
- Tuition Fees payment.
- Round trip economy ticket to and from the applicant’s country of residence
- Visa Fees
- Arrival and departure allowance
- 75 Sterling Pound for TB testing if required
- A monthly living allowance for accommodation and living expenses. The amount of the stipend depends on the location of the city you will be studying in.
Check the terms and condition of the Chevening scholarships 2021 for more details about the value of the scholarship
How to apply for Chevening scholarship for international students?
Applicants for the Chevening scholarship must apply separately to their chosen universities. The below information is are steps to apply for the scholarships 2021.
- Check the Eligible course finder to see the available study options for the scholarship
- Select your country on this page and choose “Scholarship”. If your country is not on the list, it means that it is not eligible for the Chevening scholarship.
- Read the information on the page and click apply.
- You will then be directed to the online application portal where you will create an account using your email and password then click on register.
- fill in the required information
- Verify your email and log in.
- You will then access the Chevening scholarship online application.
- Enter all the required information, upload essays, and required documents and your referees’ contact information.
Please note that you do not need the admission offer from the university to submit the Chevening scholarship application. You will be required to submit it later if you have been selected for the scholarship
Chevening Scholarship Timeline:
- The deadline for the application is 3 November 2020 at 12:00 GMT
- Applicants are shortlisted for the interview early to mid-February.
- The deadline to submit two references and education documents is 22nd (read the reference letter requirements)
- 1 March to 30 April 2021- Interviews take place at British embassies.
- Results will be announced early June onward
- the deadline to submit at least one unconditional/final offer from a UK university is 15th July 2021
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Join our subscribers list to get the latest opportunities delivered directly to your inbox