Chinese Government Scholarships are granted for international students who are planning to come to China to pursue their higher education at undergraduate, master or doctoral level in various fields.
Chinese Government Scholarship
- Full funding (type A): Includes registration fees, accommodation in a university residence, basic medical insurance and a monthly allowance for personal expenses (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, approximately 350 and 500 USD respectively).
- Partial funding (type B): Same as type A scholarship without living allowance.
- Type C: Another type of partial scholarship that includes some of the benefits of type A scholarship.
- Non-Chinese citizen.
- Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Age :
- Undergraduate students’ age limit is 25 years.
- For Master’s degree applicants, the age limit is 35 years
- For PhD degree applicants, the age limit is 40 years
- Minimum qualification:
- High School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate applicants,
- Bachelor Degree for the Master’s degree applicants
- Masters degree for PhD degree applicants.
General required documents for applying to Chinese Government Scholarship:
- A copy of high school certificate or equivalent for undergraduate applicants, a copy of bachelor’s degree for master’s applicants or a copy of master’s degree for PhD applicants.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from your last attended educational institution ( university professors/ high school teachers)
- Physical examination form for Chinese Government Scholarship completed and signed by a doctor.
- A study plan elaborating your choice of field and why.
- English proficiency certificate.
- A copy of your passport.
- CV written in English or Chinese.
Chinese Government Scholarship process:
- Create an account on the Chinese Government Scholarship platform
- Fill out your personal and contact information.
- Select the type of the Chinese Government Scholarship award which you want and select ‘Program Category Type B’
- Find the agency number of the Chinese university from here.
- Insert the agency number of your Chinese university in the scholarship online application form.
- Fill your information and desired degree course you want to purse
- Submit your online application
- Download the scholarship online application form
Please note: If you are applying to multiple universities you will need to create separate CSC portal accounts.
Submitting your Chinese Government Scholarship application form to the Chinese university:
- Find out if the Chinese university you are applying to requires an online application process for admission alongside your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- If the university doesn’t require an online admission then send your Chinese Government Scholarship application form and the required documents to the university address.
- If the university requires an online admission then submit this application first on that university’s website and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application form.
- Submit your application and make 2 sets of documents and dispatch it to the university address.
- The results are announced as of mid-July 2020.
- Peking University
- Renmin University Of China
- Tsinghua University
- Beijing Jiaotong University
- Beijing University Of Technology
- Beihang Univ. (BUAA)
- Beijing Institute Of Technology
- Of Science And Technology Beijing
- Beijing Univ. Of Chemical Tech.
- China Agricultural Univ (CAU)
- Beijing Univ. Of Posts And Telecommunications
Click here to download the full list of universities including agencies and embassies number.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Join our subscribers list to get the latest opportunities delivered directly to your inbox