DAAD Fully Funded Scholarships for Masters and PhD are awarded by the German government for international students to pursue postgraduate studies in development-related majors in Germany.
The scholarships are fully funded by the DAAD organization and cover all expenses during the period of study in Germany.
The process of applying to the DAAD full scholarship for Masters and Doctorate degrees vary according to the program applied for.
In this opportunity, OPPGATE provides a complete guide on how to apply for the DAAD Scholarship
DAAD Fully Funded Scholarships
Benefits of the DAAD Scholarship
DAAD awarded applicants will receive the following benefits throughout the study period.
- Full exemption from tuition fees.
- German language preparation course
- A monthly stipend of 850 euros for master’s students and 1,200 for doctoral students.
- health insurance.
- Round trip ticket to and from Germany.
Students may receive additional support to cover housing fees or support for accompanying family members.
The following list contains the eligible countries to apply for the DAAD funding scholarship
See the list here
If your country is not on the list, you can check other scholarship opportunities here: Scholarships
Required Documents for DAAD scholarships
List of documents required to apply for the German DAAD Scholarship:
- DAAD Scholarship Application Form
- Resume (The applicant must prepare the cv using the europass template)
- Motivation letter signed personally (a reference to the current position and chosen graduate program, max. 2 pages). note: When applying for more than one program (maximum 3 programs), you must submit one motivation letter stating the reason for your choice and the reason for choosing priority.
- A recent recommendation letter from the current workplace with letterhead, signature, and official stamp.
- Experience certificate for two years or more, and if possible a document proving that you can continue working after completing the graduate program.
- English or German test certificate.
- Copies of the university certificate and the transcripts.Note, some majors may require additional documents. Please see the requirements for the program you intend to apply to.
Who can apply for DAAD scholarships
- Undergraduate and master graduates must have obtained thier degrees within the past 6 years
- Academic excellence.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Those who have resided in Germany for more than 15 months cannot apply to DAAD scholarship.
Minimum language requirements:
- For German programs: B1 certificate.
- For English programs :
IELTS (6) or TOEFL 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based.
Note: Applicants must meet the admission requirements for their graduate program.
Available programs for Masters and Phd
Applicants for the DAD Masters and PhD scholarships are entitled to choose any program related to development-related programs.
Please see the list of specializations available through (Development Related Postgraduate Courses)
How to apply for a DAD master's and doctoral scholarship?
Step 2: The candidate committee selects a number of applicants.
Step 3: Communicate with DAAD candidates to download the full scholarship application to the application platform.
Step 4: The selection process will be completed and applicants informed.
Duration of study and deadline
The duration of the study ranges from 12 to 36 months, depending on the major applied for.
The deadline for application varies from one major to another. Please see the majors page here
Official Links for DAAD
Below, OPPGATE platform has collected all the official links related to the German DAD Scholarship. You can also join the WhatsApp group to be the first to receive new scholarship opportunities here
- Announcement – Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
- Countries eligible to apply
- Available programs ( Applications are submitted through the attached links for each program, taking into consideration the deadline).
- DAD Scholarship broschuere(146-page file prepared by the Foundation)
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Join our subscribers list to get the latest opportunities delivered directly to your inbox