Chulalongkorn University, a public university, is offering a full scholarship in Thailand for international students to pursue their undergraduate and graduate studies. The scholarship aims to develop academic cooperation between Thailand and the rest of the world.
The scholarship is offered for international students of all nationalities to pursue their Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree for the 2021 academic year. It is a full scholarship covering all expenses including flight tickets.
In this opportunity, OPPGATE provides you with detailed information regarding the scholarship in Thailand for international students and how to apply.
Eligibility for Thailand Scholarship
- The Scholarship period for undergraduate studies cannot exceed 4 years.
- The Scholarship is for Two-Year Master’s degrees and Three-year PhD degrees only.
Eligibility for undergraduate applicants:
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of the International Program they are applying to.
- Applicants must not hold Thai nationality.
- Applicants must be in good health.
Eligibility for masters and PhD
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in a field related to the program which they are applying for.
- Applicants must have obtained a GPA not lower than 2.75 in their undergraduate studies and not lower than 3.25 for their graduate studies.
- Applicants must not be over 35 years old.
- Applicants must have a good level of English (TOEFL score not lower than 500 or 173 Computer-Based or IELTS score not lower than 5.0).
Benefits of the Scholarship in Thailand for international students:
Awarded applications for the scholarship in Thailand will receive the following:
- A round trip ticket to and from Bangkok.
- Tuition Fees Waiver.
- A monthly stipend and accommodation (approx. 500 USD).
Eligible Programs for Chulalongkorn University Scholarship 2021:
- Undergraduate applicants can only apply to one of the international programs offered by Chulalongkorn University. Click here to view the programs.
- Graduate applicants (Master’s and PhD) can apply to any graduate program offered by the university. Click here for details. Note that the scholarship period is only for Two-Year Master’s degrees and Three-year PhD degrees.
Required documents for the scholarship
The Chulalongkorn University Scholarship requires the below documents:
- A completed application form with a 1-inch photograph attached.
- Academic Transcript and a certificate of graduation if available.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
- A medical certificate confirming a physical examination.
- For Master’s and PhD applicants only: Two letters of recommendation from the Head, Director, or the Dean of the applicant’s institution.
All nationalities except holders of the Thai nationality are eligible to apply for the Chulalongkorn university scholarship.
Application Procedure for the Scholarship in Thailand for international students
- Applicants must send the completed application form and all required documents to the Faculty/Programme of their choice by the deadline set by the of the program.
- Make sure to submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline of the scholarship(October,15).
- The Faculty/Program will forward the names of the eligible applicants to the Office of Academic Affairs where the final decision will be made.
The deadline for Thailand Scholarship for International students
- For undergraduate applicants: June 19, 2020
- For Master’s and PhD: October 15, 2020
You can join our WhatsApp group to receive the latest opportunities , to join click here or join the Telegram channel
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Join our subscribers list to get the latest opportunities delivered directly to your inbox