Last updated on September 13th, 2021 at 05:53 pm
Daad Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Program offers fully-funded masters scholarships in Germany in the fields of development, governance, and public administration, and Public Policy.
OPPGATE platform shares with you one of DAAD scholarships 2022 that aims to qualify leaders in politics, law, economics, and public administration to prepare them for their professional life in these fields.
Please note that this opportunity is only one of the masters programs in Germany offered under the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programm (PPGG), there are other universities/programs that are also funded by this scholarship but are not discussed in this post.
This Masters scholarship in Development is for students from developing countries, and it is fully funded as it covers tuition fees, flight tickets, and living expenses.
Please read the article below to learn about the application details for a Master’s Scholarship in Development and Governance in Germany.
Table of Contents
Masters in Development and Governance
The Master of Arts: Development and Governance program, is a program taught in English, and is offered by the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany. It includes a number of sub-disciplines, including conflict and development studies, international relations, political science, and others.
The program aims to provide students with theoretical knowledge of development and government policies, as well as to train students in analytical and political skills.
The fully-funded scholarship to study in Germany is offered to students from developing countries who hold an undergraduate degree in related disciplines. Applicants with relevant experience are also given preference for admission.
Quick information about masters scholarship in Germany 2022
Name of the program
Development and Governance
Helmut Schmidt Program (PPGG)
University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Benefits of DAAD Scholarships 2022
Students admitted to the Masters in Development and Governance in Germany and who have been awarded the DAAD Helmut Schmidt scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses (about 850 euros).
- Health insurance for the duration of the study.
- Tuition fees
- Flight tickets to and from the applicant’s country
Note: The above benefits are for all students admitted to the masters scholarship in Germany (PPGG) in various disciplines, but this article is only for the Master’s Scholarship Program in Development and Governance at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
Information on the masters in development program
The Masters scholarship in Germany in Development and Governance from the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, consists of different models discussing a number of topics, including:
- Global Governance.
- Development Theories And Practices.
- Public Administration.
- Democracy and Governance.
- Foreign Studies Such As European, Africa, And East Asian Politics
In the third semester, students will have the opportunity to undertake an internship and students write a master’s thesis on topics related to development and governance.
Eligibility for the masters scholarship in Germany (development and governance)
Below we attach to you a list of general requirements applicants need to satisfy while applying for master’s scholarships in Germany for the development and governance program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in political science, social sciences, law, economics, geography, or a related field.
- Academic excellence.
- The student should have at least one year of professional experience in related fields.
- English language proficiency.
- The student must be a citizen of one of the countries included in the program. (List of Countries Eligible for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt scholarship for Masters )
Required Documents for the dAAD scholarship- masters in development Program
Below are all the documents required to apply for the masters scholarship in Germany for them masters in Development and Governance at the University of Duisburg-Essen
- HSP Scholarship Application Form.
- Letter of Intent (two pages maximum).
- Curriculum vitae; should contain details of your Bachelor’s degree and work experience. (two pages maximum).
- 2 letters of recommendation from an employer or a university professor.
- Certified copies of the graduation certificate and transcript for your bachelor’s
- Copies of high school diploma.
- English language proficiency certificate: (TOEFL or IELTS), except those who studied in English.
Note: Applicants must have obtained a certificate of English language proficiency with the below scores:
- TOEFL: paper-based test: at least 550; Computer-based TOEFL: at least 213; Online test: minimum score of 80
- Or IELTS: 6 at least.
Students who have studied the BAC Ruwais degree in English or who are from a country whose mother tongue is English are excluded from this requirement. But a document must be submitted that English is the language of instruction and that all examinations were held in English.
How to Apply for Masters in Development and Governance Scholarship Program
- Make sure you fulfill the above requirements
- Download the application form (you can find it below at the end of the article).
- Fill out the form except for questions 10 and 11.
- Collect all the required documents mentioned above and combine them into one pdf file along with the scholarship application form.
- The file size should not exceed 10 megabytes and the pages should not exceed 45 pages.
- Send the file to the program’s official email (found below).
- Professors of the university or the employer should send letters of recommendation directly to the same official email of the program.x
Important Note: There is no separate application for university admission or scholarship. The scholarship application is also sent to the university which can be found below