Last updated on October 24th, 2020
Table of Contents
Melbourne University Scholarships are offered for international students around the world to pursue their postgraduate studies in Australia.
The University of Melbourne Scholarships 2021 are fully-funded scholarship offered to academically outstanding students who wish to pursue their Masters (graduate research programs) or PhD at the university.
The University of Melbourne, located In Australia, provides around 600 graduate scholarships each year to fund international students to contribute to the university’s research profile.
OPPGATE in this article guides you through the application process to apply for the University of Melbourne Scholarships 2021.
Melbourne University Scholarships Benefits
University of Melbourne Postgraduate Scholarships awarded students receive the following benefits:
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- A living allowance of USD 31,200 annually for a maximum of 2 years for master’s students and 3.5 years for doctoral students.
- International health insurance for applicants who need a visa to enter Australia.
- Relocation allowance: USD 3,000 for international students.
Melbourne University Scholarships number
The University of Melbourne offers 600 fully-funded graduate research scholarships (Masters and PhD) annually.
University of Melbourne Courses for International Students
Scholarship applicants must apply for a postgraduate research program, also called Graduate Research program.
All Graduate Research Masters Programs and PhD programs available at the University of Melbourne are eligible for the scholarship. The image below is taken from the university’s official website. (Click on the image to zoom).
- All nationalities are eligible for the scholarship if they meet the entry requirements for one of the University’s graduate research programs.
- The applicant must have applied or intend to apply to one of the master’s or PhD graduate research programs or have already obtained an admission from the university.
- There is no separate application for the scholarship, applications are considered for scholarships when applying for university admission.
How to apply for the Melbourne scholarships 2021?
If applicants fulfill the minimum requirements, they should follow the following steps to apply for the melbourne scholarships (melb uni scholarships) for Graduate Scholarships 2021.
melb uni scholarships
- Apply to one of the Masters or PhD research graduate programs offered at the University of Melbourne before the deadline.
- There is no separate application for the scholarship. All applicants will be considered for the scholarship.
- Please read the University of Melbourne application requirements below.
- Students who have previously accepted an offer from the University of Mulberry can apply for the scholarship through the Graduate Research Portal.
- Although there is no separate application for the scholarship. However, once you are accepted into a program, you can apply for scholarships (via the Scholarships and Awards webpage ) and the University of Melbourne.
How to get a postgraduate admission from the University of Melbourne?
- A minimum overall average of 75% or 3.00 / 4.00 in the final year of the degree obtained (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree).
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOFEL, IELTS, CAE). This condition excludes those who have completed their undergraduate studies in English (minimum two years). For more details, check the English language requirements
- Research plan.
Please note that each Program has specific conditions. Read the admission page for more information.
Important note: Make sure to choose Research based Masters program, in case you choose a non-research master’s program, you will have to pay an application fee.
Application dates and the deadline for the scholarships
- Application deadline for the first semester beginning February 2021: November 30, 2020, some applications may be accepted until December 31, 2020.
- Application deadline for the second semester starting in July 2021: March 31, 2021, and some applications may be accepted until May 31, 2020.
DAAD Fully Funded Scholarships for Master’s and PhD in Germany
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Join our subscribers list to get the latest opportunities delivered directly to your inbox