Last updated on October 18th, 2020 at 06:26 pm
The scholarship is awarded for a period of three years to candidates who are interested to pursue their Ph.D. in natural science fields such as chemistry, physics, computer science, and more.
The Yousef Jameel Scholarship is a PhD. scholarship for international students from developing countries specifically the Arab world.
In this post, Oppgate shares with you details on how to apply to the PhD Scholarship in Germany- Humboldt University of Berlin.
The following fields are eligible for the Yousef Jameel PhD scholarships for developing countries:
- Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, and Agricultural Science.
- Candidates should hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Candidates must fulfill the admission requirements for the PhD program they are applying for at the Humboldt University of Berlin.
- Candidates should demonstrate good written and spoken English and good German communication skills.
- Must demonstrate an intent to return to their home country upon completion of the Phd program
- Women are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
The below documents are required for the scholarship application. Please note that there are other required documents that you would need for university application.
- CV including grades
- Research proposal (10 pages maximum)
- Half a page abstract
- Statement of purpose (1 page)
- Two letters of recommendation (one should be written by a professor who is the supervisor of the PhD-student at Humboldt University)
- Applicants must first obtain admission at the Humboldt University of admission. Please check the program’s requirements for details.
- Gather the above documents and send the application to the scholarship office [email protected]
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Join our subscribers list to get the latest opportunities delivered directly to your inbox