Last updated on December 8th, 2020 at 07:14 pm
Romanian government scholarship 2021 is a fully funded scholarship for international students to study in Romina. The Romanian Scholarships program is funded by the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The application starts in November of each year and ends in April of the following year.
Applications for The Romanian government scholarships are submitted through the diplomatic missions of Romania worldwide. The scholarships are fully funded as they cover all study and living costs during the study period.
The scholarship offers various programs for bachelors, masters, and phd studies.
In this article, OPPGATE team has prepared a guide on the most important information related to the Romanian government scholarship 2021, you can also refer to the official links of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for more details.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Romanian government scholarship 2021
Romanian government scholarships awarded applicants receive a number of benefits throughout the study period, including the following:
- Registration and tuition fees exemption.
- Preparatory year to study the Romanian language.
- Accommodation coverage.
- Health insurance.
- Monthly stipend: 65 € for undergraduate students, 75 € for master’s students, 85 € for doctoral students.
* Important note: The scholarship does not cover air tickets to and from Romania.
Romanian scholarship Eligibility
Applicants who wish to apply to the Romanian scholarship 2021 must fulfill the scholarship conditions.
Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
- Holders of all nationalities are entitled to apply for the Romanian scholarship, with the exception of European Union citizens and applicants who hold Romanian citizenship.
- The scholarship does not require submitting any English language certificates such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Students can apply for various majors except for medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy.
Bachelor’s degree scholarships are provided for high school graduates. The program lasts for 3-6 years depending on the chosen major.
Majors offered to Master’s programs students, last one year, 1.5 years, or two years.
What is the language of study in the Romanian Scholarship?
If you do not meet the above requirements, you can apply for other scholarships such as The Hungarian Government Scholarship.
Required documents for Romania government scholarship
Applicants must prepare the following documents to apply for the Romanian government scholarship. All official links and attached files can be found at the end of this article:
- Official application form (attached).
- Transcript and graduation certificate.
- Birth certificate (or similar document).
- The first 3 pages of the passport.
- CV via the attached form below.
- Motivation letter for Ph.D. students.
The documents are submitted in the original language, along with a translated document in English, French or Romanian.
How to apply for the Romanian scholarship
After reading all the above details, and making sure that you meet the scholarship conditions and have the necessary documents, follow the following steps to apply for the Romanian scholarship:
- Fill out the registration form.
- Scan all required files.
- Find the Romanian embassy or consulate information in your country.
- Send the documents along with the registration form to the diplomatic mission either via the Internet or in person.
Please make sure to check out the scholarship announcement in the Romanian embassy or consulate website of the country of your residence for further information.
Applications submitted directly by applicants to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education and Scientific Research, or to email addresses of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs will not be accepted.
The application must be made through representatives of the Romanian representatives in your country. For example, applicants from Pakistan will apply through the Romanian embassy in Pakistan.
Important dates for the scholarship in Romania
The application dates for the Romanian scholarship vary from one country to another, but in general, applications start on November 15, 2020, until April 30, 2021.
Please check the website of the Romanian embassy in your country for more information on the opening and deadline dates.
Scholarship Results: The results of the scholarship will be announced on July 15, 2021, and applicants will be contacted by diplomatic missions.
Official links and attached files:
You can apply for the scholarship by following the official links below,
- scholarship from
- CV template
- Available majors and universities in Romania.
- The official announcement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.