Turkish scholarships 2021 are one of the most popular government scholarships. Thousands of international students from different countries apply for it.
The Turkish Government Scholarship 2021 is fully funded and covers all tuition fees, travel tickets, housing, and monthly expenses for students throughout the study period in Turkey.
Turkey burslari scholarships 2021 committee announces annually the opening of the application period for the Turkish scholarship for international students, starting from January 10 until February 20 of the same year.
The Turkish scholarships include all levels of bachelor’s, masters, and doctorate studies.
OPPGATE would like to emphasize that applying for Turkish scholarships is completely free via the online scholarship system.
In this guide, we provide the most important information and conditions related to the scholarship and how to apply for the Turkiye burslari 2021.
Table of Contents
Turkish scholarship 2021 eligibility criteria
International students applying for the Turkish scholarships must fulfill the conditions set by the scholarship authority, which are as follows.
Minimum academic requirements :
- Minimum academic requirement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- 75% for Master’s and PhD degree applicants
- Minimum academic requirements for applicants in health sciences (medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy): 90%
- The applicant must be under the age of 21 for undergraduate programs, under 30 years for master’s programs, and under 35 years for doctoral programs.
Who is Eligible to apply for Turkish government scholarships:
- Citizens of all countries except those with Turkish citizenship.
- Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before September 2021).
- Researchers and academicians.
Turkish government scholarships Benefits
Students who win the Turkish scholarship receive a number of benefits including the following:
- Exemption from tuition fees.
- Health insurance.
- Monthly stipend: 700 TL for undergraduate students, 950 TL for master students, 1400 TL for doctoral students.
- Housing insurance or housing allowance for graduate students.
- Turkish language free preparatory year.
- One round trip flight ticket.
Students will also enjoy all the benefits that a Turkish university student gets, such as a transportation card, and a discounted Turkish museum entry card.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, undergraduate students can study the English language for a full year if the chosen major requires that.
also read: Koç University Scholarship for Masters and PhD in Turkey
Turkiye scholarship 2021 equired documents
Turkish scholarship 2021 applicants must submit the following documents through the online application system :
- A valid national identity document or a valid passport.
- A recent photo of the applicant (Please note that the photo you upload into the application system must be a suitable photo one, the candidate’s photos that are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National examination scores (required for candidates who do not have any international qualification or certification).
- Graduation certificate.
- Academic transcript.
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS … etc. if required by the university and selected programs)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university and program)
- A research proposal and a sample of your writing work (for gradaute applicants only).
- Recommendation letters.
Language certificates and international certificates are not required for most majors. Students can apply for the Turkish scholarship without the TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
You can attach any documents that may help you enhance your chances of acceptance in Turkey scholarships, such as voluntary participation certificates, training course certificates, etc.
Turkish and English programs in turkish scholarship
Most of the programs in Turkish universities are taught in Turkish. However, some universities offer programs in English or other languages.
Candidates who wish to study in these programs need to obtain an internationally recognized language certificate to demonstrate their language proficiency (TOEFL and other equivalent certificates). Some of these programs may require international entrance test scores like GRE, GMAT, SAT … etc. Candidates can check the language of study while selecting programs in the application system.
Undergraduate candidates with international qualifications such as SAT or GCSE will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed to complete high school according to these international exams.
All scholarship holders who do not hold the C1 level certificate for the Turkish language (including those placed in English or other language education programs) must attend the Turkish Language Preparation Year and obtain the C1 level certificate by the end of the academic year.
Turkish Government Scholarship 2021
The Turkish government scholarship provides outstanding educational opportunities with an exceptional experience . Turkey offers various scholarship programs according to specialization and academic level for international students from all over the world to study at the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
The Turkish Scholarship (Türkiye Burslar) is a competitive scholarship program funded by the Turkish government and granted to outstanding students and researchers to continue their undergraduate and postgraduate studies in various fields and at the best universities in Turkey.
Turkey Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders who are committed to promoting cooperation between countries and mutual understanding between societies.
Turkiye scholarship applications for 2021 will be received in one period for international students from all countries and for all levels, whether bachelor’s, masters, or doctorate.
In previous years, the Turkish Scholarship committee used to receive applications at different periods of the year, according to the country of application.
Programs and levels of study in turkiye scholarship
Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at the Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels.
Other programs such as the “research” grants, the “success” scholarship, have different application periods and they are advertised regularly on OPPGATE and our social media accounts.
2020 passport notice:
As part of the application and evaluation process for the previous year, and in order to facilitate and expedite the later stages of your admission, although not mandatory, all candidates who plan to apply this year are advised to submit their application with a valid passport as their own personal passport or identity document, or at least possession of a passport Valid travel and present it during the Turkish scholarship interview.
Watch the introductory video prepared by Türkiye Burslari
How to apply for the Turkish scholarship 2021?
To apply for the Turkish scholarship, students must create an account in the online application portal and complete the application process before the official deadline.
To apply for the Turkish scholarship, follow the below steps:
- Read the details mentioned in this article well.
- Make sure you fulfill the scholarship conditions.
- Prepare all required documents, scan and save them in pdf format.
- Go to the Turkish scholarship portal and create an account to apply.
- You will need to activate the account via a link that will be sent to your email.
- Fill in all your personal information and upload the necessary documents.
- You must choose the majors you want to study (maximum of 10 options).
- Answer questions related to the motivation and interest to study in Turkey.
Tips to Increase your Chances of Getting the Scholarship
To enhance your chances of being accepted into the scholarship, you must create a strong file that can compete and be distinguished among thousands of applicants for Turkiye burslari scholarship. Therefore, to prepare well for the application process, we share with you the 5 most important tips that may help you in the application process.
- prepare all required documents before starting the application for the scholarship, and arrange all files on your computer.
- Certificates of volunteering or participating in online training courses or in various institutes increase the chances of your acceptance, so be sure to include them.
- Before choosing majors, do quick research for important information about them, choose the majors carefully (10 majors as a maximum, but it is recommended that all of them are relevant, for example: (Management, international business, public administration, international relations).
- Writing a good motivation letter for the Turkish scholarship is one of the most important stages of the application process, so make sure that its content is simple and clear.
- When choosing universities, consider choosing different cities (Don’t focus on big cities).
Turkish Scholarship Application dates:
– Open date: January 10, 2021
– Deadline: February 20, 2021
You can apply for Turkiye scholarship by following the official links below,