The Korean Scholarship is open for international students from different countries to study for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. in South Korea.
The South Korea Scholarship 2023 is fully funded and includes the monthly stipend, tuition fees and flight tickets to and from South Korea.
The Korean government scholarship, for short -the KGSP Scholarship 2023, includes most of the study disciplines some of the best Korean universities.
In this article, OPPGATE Educational Opportunities Platform will provide you with details about the Korean scholarship, and how to apply for it
Table of Contents
About the korean government scholarship 2023
South Korea scholarship is one of the few fully funded scholarships for students to that does not require a TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
In addition, the scholarship includes a variety of different majors taught in outstanding Korean universities. Please note that the application dates for the Korean Bachelor’s Scholarship are completely different from the Master’s and Ph.D. scholarships.
The Korean Government Scholarship aims to strengthen international relations among different countries through education. Annually, the Korean government offers about 220 undergraduate scholarships and 1080 postgraduate scholarships. Awarded students receive financial and logistical support from the Korean government, including a free academic year to learn the Korean language.
Continue reading the article below to learn about the most important benefits, conditions, and majors available in the South Korea KGSP Scholarships.
Quick information about the South Korean Scholarship:
|Name of the Scholarship||Global Korea Scholarship|
|Scholarship Program||Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)|
|Scholarship funder||National Institute for International Education (NIIED)|
|Degree||Undergraduate and postgraduate degrees|
|Number of scholarships||About 1,300 scholarships|
Continue reading the article below to learn about the most important benefits, conditions and majors available in the South Korea KGSP Scholarships.
South Korea Scholarship Benefits
You can find below the benefits of the Korean government Scholarship 2023-2024
The Korean Scholarship provides awarded applicants the following benefits during the period of study. Amounts are listed in US dollars after they were converted from South Korean Won.
- Full coverage of tuition fees in Korean universities.
- A free preparatory year to learn the Korean language for one year.
- Travel tickets to and from Korea.
- A monthly salary of about $800 per month.
- A one-time settlement allowance of approximately $175 per month.
- Health insurance in Korea.
- Printing thesis costs.
- A Financial award upon graduation from the scholarship.
- Financial support for research students.
Eligibility for the KGSP scholarship
Read below the general eligiblity conditions and for applying for the South korea scholarship
- Applicants and the applicant’s father and mother must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Korean nationals cannot apply.
- Applicants must be from the countries eligible for the scholarship.
- Must be in good health.
- Maximum age: 25 years for undergraduate studies, 40 years for graduate studies.
- Must have graduated or are expected to graduate from their current educational stage before arriving to South Korea.
- The minimum average grade rate is 80%.
- Applicants cannot apply if they have previously studied in South Korea, with the exception of high-achieving KGSP students.
- Must satidfy other requirements, if any.
- It is not required for applicants to have an English language certificate to apply for the scholarship.
Below you can find all the documents required to apply for the Korean government scholarship. The list will include the required documents for both bachelor’s, Master’s, and doctoral students.
All documents must be translated into either English or Korean. In addition to submitting two letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters must be sealed in an envelope and submitted to the embassy or university.
All applicant documents submitted must be original. If the applicant must provide photocopies, the applicant must have notarized, or consular certified photocopies.
List of Documents Required for South Korea Scholarship:
- The application form for the Korean Scholarship 3 copies (found below at the end of the article).
- Letter of motivation/intent
- personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A signed scholarship agreement.
- Graduation certificate and transcript.
- A document proving the identity and nationality of the applicant and the nationality of the father and mother, such as a birth certificate or family card.
- English language proficiency certificate (optional).
- Copies of published articles or research papers. (Optional)
- A copy of the passport (optional).
Eligible Majors for the Korean scholarship
We have tried to list most of the available majors available for the Korean Undergraduate Scholarship. The available majors vary based on the method of application. The student can apply either through the Korean embassy (first track) or directly through universities (second track).
Below we will list some of the majors available for application, we will also attach an excel file containing all the Korean scholarship-eligible majors in Korean and English.
Important: The list below includes only some of the majors of the KGSP Scholarship.
Korean Undergraduate Scholarship majors
- Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
- Natural Sciences.
- Entertainment and sports.
- Engineering majors.
- Fine arts.
- Business Management.
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical engineering.
- Mechanical engineering.
- Industrial engineering.
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering.
- Materials Science and Engineering.
- Computer Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering
- Food Science and Nutrition.
- Clothing and textiles.
- English language and literature.
- Biological sciences and technology
- Environmental Science.
- Political Science and International Relations.
- Public Administration.
- Artificial Intelligence for the Internet of Things.
- Logistics and international trade.
- Biomedical engineering.
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.
- Environmental Systems Engineering.
Korean Scholarships for Masters and Ph.D
- International Business Administration.
- World Trade.
- NGO Studies.
- Development and international cooperation.
- Energy Science and Policy.
- Systems engineering.
- Computer Engineering.
- Electrical and computer engineering.
- Applied Physics
- Applied Chemistry
- Energy and Environmental Engineering.
- Financial engineering.
- Korean language and literature.
- Digital Humanities.
- Medical Humanities and Psychoanalysis.
- Strategic management.
- Clinical medicine.
- Public health and Community Medicine.
KGSP Scholarship Application
How can I get a scholarship from the Korean scholarship to study in South Korea for free?
If you are dreaming of studying in South Korea through a fully funded scholarship, then the KGSP scholarship may be right for you.
There are two different ways to apply for the Korean government scholarship, the first track, Track 1 is through the Korean embassy in your country, or the second track, Track 2, by applying to universities directly.
Make sure to read all the information above to see if you meet all the requirements to apply for the Korean scholarship. In addition, check the list of countries or nationalities that can apply for the South Korea, and the seats available for each country.
How to Apply for korean government scholarship 2023
Follow the instructions below to apply for South Korea Scholarships for a fully funded scholarship:
- Check the courses available at South Korean universities.
- Read the scholarship terms and conditions.
- Prepare and translate the required documents.
- Write the letter of intent.
- Get letters of recommendation.
- Fill out the application form for the Korean scholarship.
- Apply through the Korean Embassy in your country.
- Or Apply directly to the university.
All scholarship documents including the application are submitted in English or Korean whether you choose to apply through the Korean Embassy or directly to universities.
Note: Please refer to the website of the Korean Embassy in your country for the different application dates.
Other Scholarships: KNB Indonesian Government Scholarship
South Korea Scholarship Deadline:
The application dates differ from one university to another, and from one embassy to another, but in general, we enclose the start and end dates for applying for the Korean scholarship.
- Bachelor’s Degree: The application period is from September to October.
- Postgraduate studies: start in February, end in April.
Official links and forms of the scholarship:
- General information about the Korea Postgraduate Scholarship
- Korean scholarship majors – for postgraduate studies
- Information about the South Korean Undergraduate Scholarship
- Korea Undergraduate Scholarship Subjects – University Path
- Korea Undergraduate Scholarship Subjects – Embassy Track
- Korean Scholarship Official Link
- Application form – Bachelor’s
- Application Form – Postgraduate Studies