Last updated on December 30th, 2020 at 02:16 am
The Azerbaijan Government Scholarship 2021 offers fully funded scholarships to study Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D. in Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan scholarships are offered to international students from “Organization of Islamic Cooperation” and “Non-Aligned Countries”. Below you can find a list of the countries that are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The Azerbaijan Government Scholarship 2021 covers all tuition and housing costs for the entire period of study in Azerbaijan.
In this article, OPPPGATE provides all the conditions and details of the application.
Table of Contents
Who can apply for the Azerbaijan government scholarship 2021?
The Azerbaijan scholarship has a number of conditions for students wishing to apply for the scholarship. All students must meet the following conditions.
- The student must attain the nationality of one of the member states of the non-aligned countries, or the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
- Applicants must be under the age 25 for bachelor’s degree and under 30 for a master’s degree, and under 40 for a PhD
The documents required for Azerbaijan scholarship
All documents must be translated into Russian or English and notarized if the original documents are in another language.
The Azerbaijani government scholarship does not require a TOEFL or IELTS certificate for majors in the Azerbaijani language.
List of documents required for the Azerbaijan scholarship 2021:
- Passport copy.
- A medical examination that includes the applicant free of HIV (AIDS), hepatitis B, and C.
- Diploma and transcript for previous academic levels.
- Azerbaijan scholarship application form.
- Motivation letter.
- Certificate proving English language proficiency.
Note: TOEFL and IELTS certificates are required only for those who wish to study in English majors. Below are the minimum scores required for Azerbaijan government scholarships.
|Degree||TOEFL test||IELTS test|
Eligible Nationalities for the Azerbaijan scholarship
Below is a list of eligible nationalities for the scholarship:
Azerbaijan scholarship 2021 Benifts
The Azerbaijani Government offers fully-funded scholarships throughout the entire study period and they offer the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees
- Travel tickets (once a year)
- A monthly stipend of about $ 470 per month, which includes housing and meal costs.
- Medical Insurance.
- Visa fee.
Read also: Turkish government scholarships 2021
Application process for Azerbaijan scholarship:
The application process for the Azerbaijan Government Scholarship 2021 passes through several stages, starting with reviewing the files of all applicants and ensuring that the above conditions are met.
Applicants undergo an online interview via Skype. Universities will also contact applicants for academic admission procedures.
The results of the Azerbaijan scholarships are scheduled to be announced in July 2021
Note: Applicants must be nominated by the relevant government authorities in their country. For example:
Azerbaijan scholarship for Pakistani students 2021 HEC
Important information about the Azerbaijan Government Scholarship 2021
Below are the most frequently asked questions quoted from the website of the Azerbaijan Foreign Ministry
Can I apply for the scholarship directly?
– No. Please note that direct applications will not be considered.
Where and how can I submit my application?
– Please be informed that the candidate documents must be formally submitted by the relevant government authorities in their country (ministries, embassies, etc.) to any embassy or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
What happens if Azerbaijan does not have a diplomatic mission in my country?
– Since we receive nominations of candidates through diplomatic channels, the application can be sent to any embassy or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Do I have to apply to universities separately?
There is no need to apply to the university separately. The documents of the selected candidates will be sent to the universities by the selection committee.
Is Certificate of English Proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL) mandatory for Azerbaijan scholarship?
Certificate of Proficiency in English is not mandatory but it does support your file.
Is there a specific form for the medical report?
There is no specific form for this document. However, it must include HIV / AIDS, hepatitis B and C tests and must be issued by an internationally recognized hospital.
How to apply for the Azerbaijani scholarship?
To apply for an Azerbaijan scholarship, a student must ensure that the conditions mentioned in this article are met. After that, follow these steps:
- Download the application form for the Azerbaijan Scholarship (attached below)
- Prepare the required documents.
- Translation and authentication of the required documents.
- Fill in the application form in English.
- Submit all documents to the relevant government authority in your country to be sent to the Azerbaijani authorities.
Eligible Majors of the Azerbaijan government scholarship
Students can apply for all majors offered by Azerbaijani universities that are included in the following list:
Note: All available majors in the listed universities are eligible for the scholarship universities, including medicine and dentistry.
The application starts in December 2020 and ends on February 28, 2021.
Official Links of the Azerbaijani Scholarship