Last updated on April 30th, 2021 at 01:44 am
KNB scholarship 2021 is offered for applicants from developing countries to study in Indonesia with fully-funded scholarships.
The Indonesian scholarship is offered to international students from developing countries to support students who are unable to study abroad at their own expense.
The Indonesian government scholarship also known as the KNB scholarship provides an opportunity for selected applicants to obtain a bachelor’s, or master’s, or PhD degree in one of the 23 different universities that offer more than 1000 study programs.
The KNB scholarship 2021 covers all study costs and living expenses during the preparatory year and during the language preparation year in addition to the entire study period in Indonesia.
Below we have gathered all the information related to the KNB scholarship including eligibility conditions and the application process.
Table of Contents
Benefits of KNB scholarship 2021
Selected applicants for the Indonesian government KNB scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- A one-time settlement allowance (approximately $ 100)
- Full tuition fee waiver, including registration fees, and any other tuition fees.
- Exemption from preparatory year fees and the Indonesian language course fees.
- Medical insurance for the duration of the study.
- A round-trip flight ticket from the scholarship recipient’s country of residence to Indonesia.
- A monthly stipend for the duration of the study period.
KNB Scholarship recipients receive a monthly stipend as follows:
- $ 185 per month living allowance for students during their language courses and preparatory year students.
- $ 185 monthly living allowance.
- $ 27 monthly research allowance.
- $ 23 a month book allowance.
KNB scholarship Requirment
International students must meet the conditions below to register for the Indonesian Government KNB Scholarship in Indonesia:
- The age of the applicant must not exceed 25 years to apply for a bachelor’s program, 35 for a master’s, and 40 for a PhD
- Good command of the English language.
- All students from developing countries are eligible to apply for the KNB scholarship.
Required Documents for the Indonesian Scholarship
Make sure to have the following documents available when applying for the KNB scholarship 2021:
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian embassy in the applicant’s country.
- The applicant must obtain one nomination letter from one of the following agencies:
- Ministry of Higher Education.
- A government institution or entity (if the applicant is a government employee)
- Embassy of the applicant’s country of origin in Indonesia.
- Academic reference letters.
- Copies of the passport or birth certificate.
- Copies of academic qualifications such as a high school diploma or a Bachelor’s degree graduation certificate (in English)
- Certificate proving the applicant’s proficiency in the English language.
- Online application form.
How to get the KNB scholarship 2021 invitation letter?
The Recommendation Letter / Invitation letter from Indonesian Embassy can be obtained by downloading the invitation letter from the KNB Scholarship Website.
You have to send the invitation letter, passport, academic certificates, and academic transcripts to the Indonesian embassy or consulate of Indonesia to get the recommendation letter
Please contact the Indonesia embassy in the country where you reside, for example, a student from Pakistan should contact the Indonesia embassy in Islamabad to get more information.
Indonesian government scholarship 2021 Majors
Below are the majors that we can choose while applying for the Indonesian government KNB scholarship -Indonesian government scholarship.
- Literary studies.
- Cultural Studies.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical engineering.
- Naval architecture and marine. engineering.
- Geological engineering.
- Informatics Engineering.
- Environmental engineering.
- Mechanical engineering.
- Public Administration.
- Political Science.
- Economics/development studies.
- Communication and Media Studies.
- International relations.
- Community empowerment.
- Remote Sensing.
- the computer.
- Environmental Sciences.
- Public Health.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Pharmacy studies.
- Indonesian education.
- Educational Sciences.
- Social science education.
- Natural science education.
- Primary school teacher education.
- Out of School Education/ informal Education.
- Applied Linguistics.
- History Education.
- Instructional education.
- Educational Management.
- Educational Research and Evaluation.
- Vocational and Technology education.
How to apply for the Indonesian Government KNB scholarship
Students from developing countries can apply for the Indonesian scholarship 2021 by following the following instructions:
- Prepare all the required documents mentioned above.
- Download and fill in the invitation letter.
- Send the invitation letter, passport, certificates, academic qualifications, and language certificate to the Indonesian embassy to get the recommendation letter.
- Complete the online application process.
- Choose the majors you want to study and complete the application.
Information about the KNB Indonesian Scholarship
A preparatory program will be arranged prior to the academic program in accordance with university regulations and program structure.
The study period for the KNB scholarship 2021 will be as follows:
- 12 months maximum for the Indonesian language course and preparatory program.
- 48 months maximum for the undergraduate program.
- 24 months maximum for the master’s program
- 36 months maximum for the PhD program.
Also read: Fully Funded Masters Scholarships
Application dates for the KNB scholarship:
The online application process must be completed no later than May 4, 2021. The results will be announced in the first week of June 2021.
Selected applicants must accept the scholarship by July 1, 2021.
KNB scholarship 2021 awarded applicants are expected to arrive in Jakarta on August 5, 2021.
Official links for the scholarship:
FAQs about the Indonesian government scholarship 2021
How can I get an invitation letter for KNB scholarship?
Go to the KNB scholarship official website and download the invitation letter. Fill in the invitation letter and send the Indonesian embassy/consulate in your country along with a copy of your passport, academic certificates, and transcripts to get the recommendation letter from the embassy.
What does KNB scholarship stand for?
KNB stands for Kemitraan Negara Berkembang which translates to Developing Countries Partnership. So KNB scholarships mean Developing Countries Partnership Scholarships.
How can I apply for an Indonesian government KNB scholarship?
To apply for the KNB scholarship, gather all the required documents, obtain a recommendation letter from the Indonesian embassy and submit the application through the online application portal on the official website.
What is the deadline for KNB scholarship?
The deadline for the KNB scholarship is May 4th, 2021. No applications after this date will be accepted.