MEXT scholarship for Pakistani students 2023 -2024 also referred to as japan scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship in Japan to obtain a postgraduate degree (Masters or PhD) at a Japanese University. This scholarship is part of the Government(MEXT) Scholarship Program.
Japan scholarship for Pakistani students 2023 is fully funded and covers tuition fees, monthly allowance, and other benefits. There are a variety of study programs that are eligible for the Japanese government scholarship/ ranging from engineering, medicine, arts, social sciences, and more. Students with research experiences are strongly recommended to apply.
In this article, OPPGATE will provide you with information on research scholarships in japan/Mext Research Scholarship 2023, its requirements, application, and application deadline in Pakistan. If you are not from Pakistan you can read the following article: MEXT Japanese Government Scholarships
MEXT Scholarship Pakistan
Below are the conditions for the Japan scholarship for Pakistani students. Please check the application guide found below for more details on the scholarship conditions
- Applicants must be citizens of Pakistan.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 80% in their last degree.
- Applicants for a Master’s Program must have a bachelor’s degree from a university outside Japan.
- For PhD program, applicants must satisfy one of the following:
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from a university outside of Japan.
- Students with a bachelor’s degree can also apply to a PhD program if they have research experience at universities or research centers for two years or more and they have the competence of people who hold a Master’s degree.
- Applicants for PhD programs in the faculties of medicine, dentistry, veterinary sciences, and certain parts of pharmaceutical fields have certain conditions that they need to meet. Please check the application guide for details.
Also read: Fully Funded Scholarships – OPPGATE
japanese scholarship for pakistani students Benefits
Recipients of the MEXT scholarship Pakistan will receive the following benefits:
- Monthly Allowance: The amount of the allowance will vary depending on the status of the student and the program they are enrolled in.
- Master’s students will receive 144,000 Yen per month.
- PhD students will receive 145,000 yen per month.
- In addition to the above monthly salary, a supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be given to students.
- Full tuition fees and examination fees.
- One round-trip ticket.
- Health Insurance. Those who are enrolled in a preparatory program/ non-regular students will receive 143,000 Yen per month.
Please note that in case the student was not admitted to the Master’s or PhD program, the student will have to pay the examination fees.
Required Documents for
The required documents to apply for the Japanese scholarship for Pakistani students 2023-2024 are the following:
Please also check the official announcement of the Japanese embassy to learn more about the required documents. The link is provided down below.
- Mark Sheet Form
- Application Form (1 original, 1 copy)
- Research Plan (1 original, 1 copy)
- Attested copies of transcripts for all universities attended. (1 copy with original attestation, 1 copy)
- Attested copy of certification of graduation or degree certificate of university attended. (1 copy with original attestation, 1 copy)
- Health Certificate (1 original, 1 copy)
- Abstract of thesis/theses (if available) (1 original, 1 copy)
- Recommendation letter from the present employer (if applicable) (1 original, 1 copy)
- Recommendation letter from academic advisor/president/dean from the university you attended
All required forms and files of MEXT scholarship can be found below in the “links and forms section” at the end of the article
How to apply for japan scholarship for pakistani students?
Please read the official guide carefully (available below) to make sure you have all the documents and that you meet all the conditions of the Scholarship:
- Gather and fill all the required documents
- Print the documents as A4 size papers( Do not staple the documents)
- Mail the applications (hard copies) with all the required documents to the address of the Japanese embassy in either Islamabad or Karachi by the deadline (May, ).
Note that if you wish to attend the interview and take the test in the Embassy of Japan in Islamabad then you should mail your application to the Embassy of Japan in Islamabad, and applicants from Karachi, Baluchistan, and Quetta who will attend the exam and interview in the Embassy of Japan in Karachi should mail the applications to the Embassy of Japan in Karachi. The address of the embassies is mentioned below.
Do not submit any extra documents/certificates that are not mentioned above. They will not be considered
The application process
The following procedure is common for many embassies, however, the process may differ from an embassy to another.
- Students must email a soft copy of the applications through email by MAY 21
- Students will be notified if they passed the first round of the application process through email/phone
- Those who were selected for the first round will be asked to attend a written exam and an interview in the Embassy of Japan in Islamabad/Karachi.
- Those who pass the written exam and interview will be recommended to the Japanese diplomatic mission for the scholarship (MEXT).
- MEXT will then select a number of students from the nominated list and students will be asked to apply for universities.
- The final list of selected applicants will be announced in January 2024.
Address of the Embassy of Japan in Islamabad and Karachio
Applicants residing in Islamabad who will attend the interview and exam in the Embassy of Japan in Islamabad Must write the following on the envelope that contains their application:
MEXT Research Scholarship Application
Public Affairs Section
Embassy of Japan
53-70, Ramna 5/4
Diplomatic Enclave 1
Those who will attend the interview and exams in the Embassy of Japan in Karachi must write the following on their envelopes:
MEXT Research Scholarship Application
Consulate General of Japan
6/2 Civil Lines
Abdullah Haroon Road
Mext scholarship 2023 deadline pakistan:
The deadline for the MEXT scholarship 2023-2023 Pakistan is on May , 2024. The application must be sent to the mail by this date. Late applications will not be accepted
Contact the embassy of Japan in Islamabad and Karachi:
Tel : +92 (51) 9072500 Tel : +92 (21) 3522-0800
Fax : +92 (51) 9072-357 Fax : +92 (21) 3522-0815
E.mail: [email protected]